About Gilbert McWherter Scott Bobbitt PLC
Tennessee’s foremost defenders of employee and insureds’ rights
Since its inception, the law firm of Gilbert McWherter Scott Bobbitt PLC has focused its representation on cases that involve employment discrimination, overtime disputes under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), insurance claim denials, and special education rights of children with disabilities. The attorneys at Gilbert Firm have more than 75 years combined experience helping employees, consumers, insurance beneficiaries, and persons with a disability fight for the benefits provided them by law.
The Firm maintains five offices in large Tennessee cities: Nashville, Chattanooga, Memphis and Jackson. Our firm makes it easy for you to get the quality legal representation you need. Contact us today to at 888.996.9731 to learn more.
Who we are
The Gilbert Firm is not your typical law firm. With highly concentrated practice areas, our attorneys are both passionate about the law and compassionate toward our clients’ needs. At the end of the day, we are here to reach solutions that work for you. A lawyer at the Gilbert Firm strives to reach a favorable resolution to your problem with the least amount of stress and frustration on your part. In the areas of insurance disputes, wage and hour violations, employment discrimination, and special education law, our Tennessee attorneys provide a voice to those who otherwise would not have one.
The Gilbert Firm employs 4 partners and two associates. Each of our attorneys maintains a specific area of focus, to give clients the best possible representation:
- Justin Gilbert — Employment Law and Special Education Law
- Brandon McWherter — Insurance Disputes
- Clint Scott — Insurance Disputes, FLSA Violations
- Jonathan Bobbitt — Employment Law, Insurance Disputes
- Emily Alcorn – Employment Law and Wage and Hour Law
- Caraline Rickard – Employment Law and Employee Rights
- William D. (Trey) Buckley, III –Insurance Disputes
A sampling of our successes
The Firm is committed to client satisfaction, as evidenced by our nearly two decades of successful practice in cases ranging from unfair employment and pay practices to insurance disputes and discrimination-based ineligibility for special education. Our attorneys have been recognized locally and nationally for their expertise and achievements on behalf of employees and consumers:
- Ranked 2016 “Best Law Firms” by U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers
- Two partners named to “Top 100 Lawyers in Tennessee”
- Four partners named “Best Lawyers in America”
- Four partners named “Super Lawyers” and “Rising Stars”
- Four partners rated AV Preeminent® by Martindale-Hubbell®
The attorneys at the Gilbert Firm have also supported major issues through amicus briefs and involvement in community activities. This includes significant changes to the law which affect every Tennessean.
We have also obtained substantial six- and seven-figure settlements and verdicts for clients, in cases such as:
- Banks v. Cincinnati Ins. Co – $2.2 million jury verdict
- Alexander Properties Group, Inc. v. Commonwealth Insurance Company – $3+ million arbitration award
- In the matter of T. Moorer – $1 million verdict
- In the matter of Camp – $800,000.00 fluctuating workweek case
- In re: Bellman (E.D.N.Y. 2011) – $780,000.00 settlement on behalf of employees who were not paid overtime by a staffing agency
- Dozens of Confidential Six and Seven Figure Settlements
We are proud of our successes in some of the most complex areas of employment, insurance and education law, and we know that our wide array of skills combined with a vast network of resources as our disposal is what allows us to continue the work we do.
Contact the Gilbert Firm today to learn more
The Gilbert Firm is your legal resource for employment law, wage and hour law, insurance disputes, and special education law matters. To schedule a consultation in one of our Nashville, Chattanooga, Memphis or Jackson offices, or to become a part of our professional network, contact us today at 888.996.9731 or by filling out our contact form.