Full Representation for Tennessee Residents Who Have Suffered as the Result of Insurance Agent Malpractice
Tennessee lawyers getting results when insurance agents are negligent in Nashville, Chattanooga, Memphis, and Jackson
You pay your bills. You ask your insurance agent to give you all the options and explain all the risks. You then rely on the agent to do his job and get you the right insurance coverage. When insurance agents fail to get you the protection you thought you paid for, you may have the right sue the insurance agent and the agent’s company for negligence.
At Gilbert McWherter Scott Bobbitt PLC, our Tennessee agent negligence attorneys work to get insurance companies to honor valid contracts and fight to hold insurance agents responsible when the agent fails to do his/her job. We have been assisting residents in Nashville, Chattanooga, Memphis, Jackson, and across Tennessee get the insurance benefits they bargained for decades. We know that agents sometimes fail to perform their duties for a variety of reasons, but non-performance is never acceptable. The Firm understands the legal theories and facts necessary to bring claims against agents who fail to get you the right coverage for you needs.
Types of agent insurance negligence
There are many reasons insurance agents fail to get applicants the insurance they need. Rarely, the agents are just dishonest and steal the premiums. Most times they are inexperienced or just sloppy. It can be quite upsetting to learn that you paid premiums but that the insurance policy does not cover your type of loss. When agents are irresponsible, the Gilbert Firm will normally file a claim against the insurance company as well as the agent. Agents and their companies can be sued if the negligence was unintentional as well as intentional.
Our Tennessee agent negligence lawyers have the skills to file claims for the following types of agent negligence:
- Failing to obtain the coverage. Insurance agents need to make sure the underwriter gets the application, any other necessary paperwork, and the right policy.
- Failing to explain exclusions. Agents should go over the exclusions and limitations. If you know the exclusions, you might take less risk. You might also get a different type of insurance policy.
- Failing to advise regarding available options. Agents should be informed about your needs. They are not just salesman. They should be informed enough to explain the policy and all your relevant insurance options.
- Failing to obtain enough coverage. Insurance agents should inform you about the true value of potential losses so you can get enough coverage to pay for all the losses you suffer.
- Failing to activate the insurance. The insurance agent should make sure the policy begins and ends on the dates you intended and that is in full force during this period
- Misrepresentation. Agents cannot lie, deceive you, or provide false information to get you to pay insurance premiums.
- Other errors and omissions. Each case our Tennessee agent negligence lawyers handles is reviewed on a case by case basis to see if there is a claim of agent negligence.
Tennessee attorneys holding insurance agents and their companies accountable for negligence
The Gilbert Firm fights for anyone or any business who suffered harm that is covered by an insurance policy or when an insurance agent is negligent. We help residents of Nashville, Chattanooga, Memphis, Jackson, and across Tennessee get prompt payment for their claims. When you discuss your situation with an insurance agent, you deserve to get the right insurance policy and the right benefits. To review your case with an experienced Tennessee residential insurance lawyer, please call 888.354.FIRM (3476) or complete our contact form. Our firm also helps clients outside of Tennessee, in states across the Southeast.