Insurance Claim Representation for Tennessee Commercial Property Owners and Tenants
Helping businesses get full compensation for their losses throughout Nashville, Chattanooga, Memphis, and Jackson
Businesses of every type have a special urgency when they suffer damage to their property or operations. In addition to needing prompt payment for structural and property damage, equipment and professional tools usually need to be acquired again. Inventory will often need to be reproduced or replaced. Customer lists may need to be regenerated. Delay in reopening can cost good will. Commercial property losses can depend on the rights of other businesses in the building. What businesses need most is for insurance companies to honor their policies and make full payment for the value of the covered loss – on time.
The Tennessee commercial insurance lawyers at Gilbert Russell McWherter Scott Bobbitt PLC, who represent businesses in Nashville, Chattanooga, Memphis, Jackson, and across Tennessee, have more than eight decades of combined experience fighting for policyholders that suffer commercial losses. We know how to prove your claim is covered by your commercial insurance policy. Our lawyers work with experts to make sure all property and business losses are properly valued.
Commercial property damages
Commercial property damage claims can include some of the same principles as residential property damage claims. Other insurance policy claims are unique to the commercial sector. Our Tennessee insurance attorneys have the skills to get full compensation for all types of commercial insurance claims. We work with experts in a broad range of commercial services and business sectors.
Some of the more common claims the Firm handles include:
- Property damage. Damage can occur because of fire, the weather, electrical or plumbing failure, theft, vandalism, and countless other perils. The type of damage can include structural loss to the building, the roof, the walls, the plumbing, and electrical systems. Commercial property damage includes damage to the whole building and damage to the individual units in the building. There may be different insurance policies at issue depending on whether the business owns or leases the building. There may be disputes about responsibility for common areas. Our Tennessee commercial insurance attorneys are prepared to help you navigate this maze of difficulties.
- Business interruption. Damage to commercial property will almost always mean the business cannot operate until the repairs are done or until a replacement business site can be found. Companies who lose income due to the interruption of their business should also have business interruption insurance, also known as loss of business income coverage. Our firm is ready to assist commercial clients with all of their business interruption claims.
- Off-site damages. If damage occurs to property that is held offsite, such as in a warehouse or in transit, then other claims may need to be pursued, such as claims under an inland marine policy or warehouse policy.
- Equipment failure and loss. Unlike residences, most companies have some form of equipment. This can include computers, tools of the trade, machinery, and anything necessary to run the service such as medical devices for doctors or forklifts for construction companies. We help clients get replacement equipment or full value of damaged equipment.
- Inventory loss. Any inventory of merchandise or products that is damaged, stolen, or destroyed needs to be covered too. We are here to help businesses get the full value under their commercial property.
- Technology loss. In the 21st century, technology, including computers and computer networks, is a necessity. The Gilbert Firm is ready to help clients get value for hardware and software loss, and data too.
How the Gilbert Firm Helps
We understand how hard it is to run a business in good times. When a fire or any catastrophe occurs, our Tennessee commercial insurance lawyers appreciate that businesses need to get back to business fast. We help companies get full compensation by:
- Identifying which insurance policies apply
- Working with other companies that are involved in the loss such as the owner of the building and other tenants
- Helping clients calculate the full value of their loss including replacement value and replacement with the right materials
- Negotiating interim payments when possible, such as money for re-stocking inventory or setting up temporary locations to conduct operations
- Coordinating all of your business related insurance policies
- Representing the claim before arbitrators, mediators, and courts
- Getting compensation for all relevant extra expenses
- Dealing with all the players in the claims process. This includes the insurance adjusters, defense lawyers, investigators, brokers, appraisers, surveyors, contractors, engineers, consultants, architects , and others
In one successful case, Alexander Properties Group v. Commonwealth Ins. Co., we were able to obtain a three million dollar award after a four-day arbitration when two apartment complexes suffered substantial loss due to a windstorm. The insurance company had originally denied the claim. Our experience helped this client, and we will put it to good use to help your business, too.
Get help from a Tennessee attorney when your commercial business suffers property damage
The Gilbert Firm fights for anyone or any business that suffered harm that is covered by an insurance policy. We help residents of Nashville, Chattanooga, Memphis, Jackson, and across Tennessee get prompt payment for their claims. We also represent out-of-state clients in other states across the Southeast. When you pay your premiums, you deserve to have the insurance company uphold their end of the bargain. To review your case with an experienced Tennessee insurance lawyer, please call 888.354.FIRM (3476) or complete our contact form.